Monday 10 August 2009

Progression run & weekly mileage

I completed an eighteen mile progression run yesterday. Apparently, these help build endurance and get the body used to running at a progressively fast pace over a long distance. Additionally the Phoenix park hosting vintage motor racing meant for a much diverted route and I took the opportunity to explore trails in the park I had never previously encountered. This made the run a bit more interesting and is consistent with my desire to do the majority of my training runs off concrete and tarmac.
A successful run with the last four miles ten per cent slower than targeted marathon pace. My average HR of 146 was very positive considering it was cross country with some very steep hills. Hopefully, this is indicative of progress. Also, this week saw the completion of fifty miles, which is my rather modest highest weekly mileage.

No comments: